Garage Sale event
The next annual City-Wide Garage Sale will be Fall 2017.
Typical categories of items will be:
- Media (DVDs, CDs, Books)
- Sporting Goods
- Auto/Motorcycle Accessories
Tips for sellers
- Early birds and professional bargain hunters may arrive at your home in advance of our 9 a.m. starting time. You are in no way obligated to comply with demands for a preview. You will likely have many buyers visit your home before the day is over, so don’t fret the threat of a lost sale.
- Be prepared with adequate change for shoppers. If personal checks make you uncomfortable, have directions to the nearest ATM handy.
- Keep your money in a fanny pack or a zipper pocket. As you collect much cash, stash your excess in a safe place.
- Keep your pets confined and your children nearby
- Do not invite strangers into your home to view your sale items or for any other reason.
- Mark prices on your sale items in advance.
- Keep most valuable items close at hand. A garage sale is not the best venue for selling heirlooms. Garage sale pricing should start at around or below one-third of the items when they were new.
- Place any giveaways away from sale items, marking them with a “FREE” sign.
- Have clean bags, newspaper and boxes available for items you sell.
- Be honest about the condition of your sale items.
- If you cannot participate due to illness or emergency, post a “Sale Canceled” sign.
- Relax and enjoy the day. Good luck on a profitable sale!
- If you put up signs directing buyers to your location, PLEASE remove them at the end of the day.